Message in a Bottle (or Waiting for Reviews)

I am getting to think that self-publishing novels is a bit like being marooned on a desert island and throwing notes in bottles into the ocean in the hope of getting a reply. Several times during the day I do the equivalent of going down to the beach looking for a response, a ship or another bottle sent back in return - I log onto Amazon and check for reviews!


Usually I'm disappointed and have to do the equivalent of kicking driftwood down the sand for the rest of the day but, hust occasionally, there is something, a few words - good or bad - that shows that there ARE still people out there and that they have spent a little of their time to write something about your book.

Those moments really make my week. So a big thanks to my first reviewers for Contrail and Touched

They made me smile!

Comments